Calendar

Important Links

Contact Us

Thursday, November 11, 2010

YAG Thanksgiving (11/23)

YAG Thanksgiving Dinner
Tue, November 23, 6pm – 9pm
Where: Ben Horne's (8493 La Jolla Shores Dr, La Jolla, CA)

---
Top 10 Reasons Why You Can't Miss YAG Thanksgiving

1) There will be turkey (and veggie equivalent, I hope) made by Tara Almazan who took the day off of work for you. Blood, sweat, and tears (all in your turkey).

2) You get to show off all your cooking skills and be the buzz of the party. Some possible things you might hear about your dish:
"Who made these sweet potatoes? I want to be their friend."
"These green beans are so fresh! I want to go produce shopping with you."
"These rolls are so warm and gooey on the inside, just like you!"
"Mashed potatoes and gravy are my favorite. I am so thankful for you." (It's really my favorite. Someone make it for me.)

3) Your parents already turned your room into their storage area, or guest room, or gym, or art gallery. Who knows? Point is: they have moved on, and so should you. (Seriously, it's on a Tuesday, you should go see your family still if they're close).

4) There will be no traffic, baggage checks, taking your shoes off and forgetting to wear socks, random security searches, or weather delays on your way to Ben's pad.

5) All your friends will be there. (Well, at least Ben, Tara, and I will be there there. That should be enough for you.)

6) Ben's house can fit about 100 people. We want the Fire Marshall to come give us a warning.

7) Dessert!

8) Wine!

9) Flag football! (If enough people say the want to do it. Email me.)

10) Give thanks for all our blessings, especially the people God has allowed us to spend our time on Earth with. (One serious one)

---

Email me if you'd like to bring something and can't think of anything. I can suggest something for you as the date draws closer. If you plan to bring something, please let us know by clicking here. There will be plenty of food, so a small dish is appropriate (you don't have to have enough for everyone). Otherwise, just show up and enjoy yourself. Bring a friend.

- Huy

No comments:

Post a Comment